Monday 16 May 2011

Chai and vanilla cupcakes

Chai and Vanilla Cupcakes


Have you ever tried Chai Spiced Latte? It's like the stuff they sell in coffee shops and it's sooooo nice! So naturally I decided to make cupcakes using it :D

I also decided to have a go at using my icing pipe -- mooma bought me a cupcake creations book yonks ago with a free one that I had yet to test out! I had a tiny bit of glitter left over too...


I used Mary Norwak's rich cake as the cupcake base and simply added a whole load of chai instead of cocoa powder. The vanilla buttercream was just the usual mix pipped on top of the cupcake. The recipe for this is:

Cake Mix

175g butter
150g castor sugar
225g plain flour
25g chai latte (add more if you love cinnamon...)
1 tsp baking powder
3 eggs

Buttercream

100g butter
200g icing sugar
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla

  • Turn the oven to 180°C/GM4
  • Cream the butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
  • Sift the flour & baking powder and add a little to the creamed mixture.
  • Beat in eggs one at a time.
  • Fold in flour & chai.
  • Divide into cupcake cases (makes about 24) about 3/4 full.
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes.
  • When cooled, ice and decorate!
Pretentious cupcake shot!



No comments:

Post a Comment