Monday 16 May 2011

Cream Tea Cupcakes!


Sacha's Cream Tea Cupcakes

So today I tried to make bakewell tart flavour cupcakes but it went a little bit wrong. First of all I don't think I put enough almonds in the mixture (used Mary Norwak's method, as demonstrated in the previous two recipes) and I also reckon I baked them for too long. They came out of the oven kind of crunchy on the outside which doesn't bode well for nice light cupcakes...

I made lots of them and didn't want them to go to waste, so I spread jam over each of the cakes and whacked a dollop of buttercream on them (same method as usual). With jam and buttercream, these cakes taste like the scones you get with a cream tea! Yay!

I additionally made vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream at the request of one Mr Charman ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment